This blog post is my midterm for HIMT 2200: Performance Improvement, part of the Health Information Management Technology (HI13) Associate of Applied Science Degree program at Georgia Northwestern Technical College.
The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award is the highest level of national recognition that an organization can receive for performance excellence. Information about this prestigious award is found on their website at http://www.msqpc.com/business-solutions/baldrige-assessment/.
- Access Malcolm Baldrige information. Notice how the Baldrige assessment criteria of leadership; strategic planning; customer focus; measurement, analysis and knowledge management; workforce focus; process management and results align with the topics we have studied.
- Go to the Malcolm Baldrige Performance Excellence Program. Review Baldrige Excellence Framework (Health Care) for how the Baldrige framework for health care works.
- Access the CHI Memorial 2018 Annual Report and determine if CHI Memorial should apply for the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award by answering the Baldrige assessment questions found in the Practice Exercise 6: Organizational Self-Assessment on pages 296 – 300. Use these questions as a guide, writing brief replies to the questions. The Tillingate_Living_Case_Study.pdf is a sample report that shows a completed Baldrige award application with the responses to the questions in the “Responses Addressing All Criteria Items” section.
- Prepare a well-organized 3 to 5 page report that summarizes your findings. Review your work for correct grammar and spelling, clarity and accuracy before submitting in the midterm drop box.
- Your report should be double spaced, with 1-inch margins and include a header noting your name, assignment title and page number.
- Make sure your references are formatted in the correct APA format.
Midterm: Organizational Self-Assessment Using the Baldrige Assessment Criteria
Catholic Health Initiatives. (2018, Sep. 28). Annual Report: As of and for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2018. https://www.catholichealthinitiatives.org/content/dam/chi-national/website/financial-docs/CHI%20Annual%20Report%20Period%20Ending%20June%2030,%202018.pdf
MSQPC. (n.d.). Baldrige Assessment. https://www.msqpc.com/business-solutions/baldrige-assessment/
NIST. (2012, July). 2012 Tillingate Living Case Study. https://www.nist.gov/system/files/documents/2017/05/09/2012_Tillingate_Living_Case_Study.pdf
NIST. (2021, Jan. 19). About the Baldrige Excellence Framework (Health Care). https://www.nist.gov/baldrige/about-baldrige-excellence-framework-health-care
NIST. (2019, Nov. 15). Baldrige by Sector: Health Care. https://www.nist.gov/baldrige/self-assessing/baldrige-sector/health-care
Spath, P. L., & Kelly, D. L. (2017). Applying Quality Management in Healthcare: A Systems Approach. (4th ed.). Chicago, IL: Health Administration Press.
Featured Image: Stock Photo, Photo Source: Metro