I’m Amy Haisten, the creative mind behind Fancy Turtle Media. I specialize in graphic design and visual branding. My work infuses the essence of turtles, representing creativity, wisdom, adaptability, protection, quality, longevity, and elegance.
Drawing from the wisdom associated with turtles, I bring expertise and knowledge to every project. With years of experience, I combine artistic insight with innovative design solutions. My mission is to deliver expertly crafted designs that surpass expectations.
Like the adaptable nature of turtles, I thrive in various creative environments, embracing different art forms, mediums, and design styles. I craft my approach to meet your unique needs and visions. My versatility ensures impactful designs that capture attention and leave a lasting impression.
Like the safety a turtle’s shell provides, I create a secure space to express your aspirations for your company and protect your vision for your brand through my designs. With meticulous attention to detail, I craft high-quality designs that exceed expectations, providing satisfaction and peace of mind.
Inspired by the longevity associated with turtles, I aim to create timeless and enduring designs for your company’s identity. While influenced by current design and trends, my designs make a lasting impact rather than completely relying on ever-changing trends.
Turtles have a serene posture and graceful and fluid movements, and their shells have beautiful patterns. Elegance and grace are at the heart of my work. From a captivating visual identity to a refined aesthetic, I infuse beauty into every detail.
I have lived in Georgia most of my life and reside in Jackson—in beautiful Butts County. My hometown can be the “butt” of jokes sometimes. It is a small town unheard of by many (even those who live in Georgia). Still, people know it as home to Georgia’s death row, Indian Springs State Park, and Fresh Air Bar-B-Que. Some may also recognize it while watching “Stranger Things” and “The Originals.” As a huge fantasy fan, this speaks to my inner geek.
More About Me:
- Turtles depict my personality. I’m an INTJ, always testing at 99-100% introversion.
- I love turtles, sharks, the ocean, waterfalls, leopard print, chocolate, and cheese.
- I am the mother of Falkor, my English Mastiff furbaby.
- I collect gemstones, and my company-branded colors are jewel tones.
- I started my career in the newspaper business at “The Fulton County Daily Report” in Atlanta. It covers Georgia legal and business news.
- My degree included fine art as well as graphic design. I also studied drawing, painting, photography, and ceramics. I loved it all and had difficulty picking just one focus!
- I have always wanted to go to France and Ireland and have already been to England. That is one down and two to go. I wouldn’t mind the opportunity for adventures in some other European countries. My ancestors originated from The British Isles, and this area inspires me.
- I am a geek.
- I began college as a music major. In high school, I was a band geek and played percussion mostly in the pit but marched bass drum one year. I even joined a college group similar to “Stomp” called “Joyful Noise.”
- I am a bookworm and love continuing to learn and grow.
- I love arts and crafts festivals, the Georgia Renaissance Festival, and conventions.
- My favorite TV shows, movies, and books are mostly in the fantasy genre.
- When I was young, I revered Wonder Woman. I dressed in Wonder Woman Underoos and tin foil bracers, watched Lynda Carter on TV, and had a Wonder Woman action figure at the head of my bed to protect me from ghosts at night.
- I am a very casual gamer and love World of Warcraft. For the Alliance!
Education & Experience:
I have worked in graphic design since graduating in 2003 with a B.A. in Art & Design with a concentration in Graphic Design from LaGrange College. I later completed a diploma in Animation & Multimedia with a concentration in Web Design from Central Georgia Technical College. My accounting and business studies at Middle Georgia State University are an asset in my freelance endeavors. In addition to freelance design work at Fancy Turtle Media, I work at the Monroe County Reporter as Creative Director. In the past, I worked at The Courier Herald and The Fulton County Daily Report, and I also maintained several multi-housing brands at a marketing company. I have also been working toward another degree in something new, the medical field. I have studied Health Information Management at Georgia Northwestern Technical College and am now pursuing Health Care Management at Southern Crescent Technical College, but I will always continue to create designs!